Caribbean Ecosystem Field Studies
Step 1: decide on one of two all-inclusive lodging options:
$2,200 Beach tent camping or
$2,600 Beach bungalow room
Step 2: decide on a SCUBA/snorkel option or a Snorkel-only option
Add $400 for SCUBA/snorkel option
Add $0 for Snorkel-only option
Now offering a special $400 discount for male students
of Caribbean EcoFS Course 2, June 14 - July 4! (This discount
is due to current low male enrollment in that course.)
Costs are the same for in-state, out-of-state and international students and includes the following expenses:
- all instruction, activities and ecosystem field research equipment use
- round-trip transportation in private shuttles to/from Cancun airport to course location at Xpu-Ha on the designated arrival & departure days. Note: this is not airfare, which students must pay for separately.
- Lodging in beach bungalow double occupancy rooms or beach tent camping
(spacious tents are provided). The photo to above/right shows the bungalows,
the next photo is from a bungalow room looking towards the camping area.
- access to La Playa Xpu-Ha Beach Club for study and non-academic times
- all meals including buffet brunch at the Beach Club, dinner prepared by an incredible local chef & lunch prepared by the group & endless snacks
- all SCUBA diving/snorkel costs including equipment rental. For more info on SCUBA certification & rentals, go here.
- field trip admissions & travel
- laundry service
- comprehensive international health insurance & medical emergency
plan (for duration of course)
- exemplary letter of reference/recommendation (based on student performance)
Students must coordinate & pay their airfare to Cancun and arrive on the course start date (or earlier).
Students do not incur course-related expenses while in Mexico but must supply their own books
and snorkel equipment of mask, snorkel & fins.
When compared to the typical cost of college tuition & expenses, EcoFS believes that the benefits provided for the program cost are an excellent overall higher education value. We encourage students to shop around for other field courses and when you compare the benefits provided, you will realize that EcoFS is by far the best value.
OUR AFFORDABLE PAYMENT PLAN: EcoFS accepts credit cards or check/money orders for payments.
- $50 application fee (fully refunded if the student is not accepted).
- $900 deposit - due one month after acceptance to reserve your spot.
- Balance payment (final cost depending on options chosen) due one week prior to the start of the course.
- Optional $135 credit administration fee to our academic course sponsor, the University of Montana at Missoula for credit administration. This allows your credits earned on the course to show on an official college transcript that you can transfer. Due at course end.
In the highly unlikely event of a course cancellation, all fees paid will be refunded.
EcoFS does not offer scholarships, however Paypal will offer 6 month interest free financing that can be applied to the deposit or balance payment. See details at below link.